Sprache ändern
 
 
   
 
  Map of Rüdesheim
 
  www.ruedesheim.de
 
  Further Information

Church Saint Jakobus

Saint Jakobus is the Catholic parish church on the marketplace at Ruedesheim. It had been built in 1390-1400 as a hall church on a Romanesque bell tower from the 12-th century. In a bomb attack in 1944 it was strongly destroyed. In 1949-1960 the church was rebuilt, besides, some changes were carried out.

The Gothic gable wall to the marketplace and the tympanum in the west main entrance which shows the adoration of the kings in a relief are held up among other things from the old construction. A weather vane with half moon and star crowns the tower in memory of the time of the crusades in which also the knight Brömser had taken part.
 
More Information in the Internet: www.sanktjakobusruedesheim.de
[Sprache ändern]
 
Assmannshausen
Ferdinand Freiligrath
Die "Krone"
Der Mäuseturm
Die Ruine Ehrenfels
Die "Rossel"
Aulhausen
Die Adlerwarte
Brentano / v. Arnim
Niederwalddenkmal
Niederwaldtempel
Johannes Brahms
Die Brömserburg
Die Boosenburg
Der Klunkhardtshof
Der Brömserhof
Die Drosselgasse
St. Jakobus
Der Adlerturm
J. W. von Goethe
Eibingen
Abtei St. Hildegard
 
 
print page (pdf)
 
back to start
 
forward to page 19